Despite being the default program businesses use for accounting, QuickBooks could be bogging down your field service company’s processes, dampening productivity, and wrecking opportunities to bring in higher revenue. Luckily, those businesses that recognize there’s a better path can cut the dead weight now and race ahead of the competition.
Wondering how to know if QuickBooks is holding your field service company back? These are the five signs indicating you need to ditch QuickBooks for an all-in-one program.
How can you tell if it’s time to drop QuickBooks?
Despite its popularity, pinning your business’ most critical financial operations on QuickBooks can cause massive problems—especially in a field service industry that relies on clear reporting. Wondering if your business needs an upgrade? Here are five signs it’s time to drop QuickBooks for Cloud Financials and all-in-one software:
1. Manual Processes Are Cutting into Productivity
Growing businesses don’t have time to enter and manually transfer data from one system to the next. Unfortunately, that’s exactly what QuickBooks forces you to do. Not only do employees waste time as they move and input data, but those moves lift the potential for costly errors.
Cloud Financials and all-in-one software safeguard against these hazards by streaming your data into a single hub. That cuts out the manual entry step, makes it easy to track down and export data, and removes the element of human error that plagues manual entry.
2. Purchase Orders, Entry, or Invoicing Is Manual
If your purchase orders, sales entry, or invoicing is running off QuickBooks, it could be burdening both employees and customers. Every second your employees spend typing info into invoices is time pulled away from progress. Worse yet, employees lose more time as they transfer sales data into separate sheets—leaving errors sprinkled along the way.
Those errors and wait times are passed on to the customer, who loses even more time when questions about invoicing errors pop up. It’s all a dangerous recipe for upset customers and frustrated employees.
3. Your Team Wastes Time Searching for Documents
You likely already know that customer service can make or break your field service operation. What you might not realize is that QuickBooks is setting up your team for customer service disasters. It’s because QuickBooks wasn’t designed to churn out real-time data.
Because QuickBooks data is difficult to track down, your customers are left waiting on hold as employees search for order information or invoicing details. Even worse, enterprise organizations may need to scour multiple departments to answer customer questions. As your customers wait, their frustrations rise, as do their odds of churning.
4. Your Business Is Stuck in Silos
When you’re relying on QuickBooks, it’s nearly impossible to gaze across the full scope of your business. When the business grows, it’s easy for financial information to fragment between those departments that use QuickBooks and branches that have scooped up different software solutions.
First, those discrepancies in manual reporting cause errors. Second, your leadership and management teams have to scrape up data from throughout the organization and try to piece together a complete view of the business’ performance.
On the other hand, Cloud Financials and all-in-one software streamline information and give leaders a holistic view of business operations, saving managers time and eliminating computing errors.
5. Employees Waste Time with Multiple Logins
Your financial employees specialize in numbers; they shouldn’t have to become technology experts too. Yet, when they end up with piecemeal solutions, such as QuickBooks, they spend the day jumping between spreadsheets, multiple logins, and different software.
As your field service company grows, managing those systems can be overwhelming. Errors are inevitable when employees have to learn and hop between a handful of programs.
What are the advantages of Cloud Financials and all-in-one software?
Cloud Financials and all-in-one software funnel financial info into clear dashboards. Beyond solving the problems that arise from QuickBooks-based businesses, Davisware’s all-in-one software takes your field service business’ accounting capabilities a leap further. Here’s how:
- Monitor net profits: Rather than just revealing gross profit, Davisware software lays out your company’s net profit. That means you can see what you made on jobs after spending and use that insight to plan investments.
- Measure the full scope of your accounting system: With Davisware’s field service management software, you can map out the full relationship between your general ledger and your business’ big picture. If you have a large business, this is a massive advantage because you can accurately match down payments to broader costs, making for more accurate income reporting.
- Streamline financial reporting: Rather than scraping holistic financial data together at the end of each month, all-in-one software automates the reporting process and aggregates the data for you. This saves you time and paints a clear picture of the true resources you have on hand.
- Secure loans without holdups: If you want to secure loans, you’ll need to identify the deferred revenue that accrues from works in progress (WIP). With Davisware’s all-in-one software, you can easily track both labor and material WIP figures. That means it’s easy to see your business’ deferred revenue, land loans, and scale without any holdups.
Davisware software is all-in-one and built to help you refine processes, simplify accounting, and scale. Want to see how Davisware’s field service management solutions can elevate your business? Schedule a demo today and get an inside look at the best software to fit your company’s needs.