COVID-19 has left most field service company leaders wondering, ”Where do we go from here?” Without a doubt, uncertainty will plague the industry for years to come. Unfortunately, with policies and behaviors still forming, it may seem impossible to build out a strategy with confidence.
In the wake of COVID-19, we’re seeing planned maintenance emerge as the answer to the industry’s concerns about strategizing in a COVID-influenced society. As the market remains unstable, we’re seeing companies beef up their planned maintenance efforts, add stability in a shaky landscape, lift burdens off of employees, and build more agile workflows. Here are a few of the wide-sweeping benefits to planned maintenance that are quickly grabbing field service leaders’ attention:
1. More equipment maintenance histories equal more sales
Tracking equipment maintenance history positions your business for higher sales. As your company conducts ongoing service on a piece of equipment, you become the go-to source when equipment breaks or requires upgrades. That situates your company to land more sales without spending additional time or money on customer outreach.
2. Planned maintenance carves a path to more flexible scheduling
By mastering planned maintenance, you build more stable processes into your employees’ routines. Because you can weave more predictable and less time-critical processes into your employees’ days, your dispatchers and technicians gain the freedom to mold more flexible scheduling.
3. Planned maintenance can automate processes and streamline workflows
Planned maintenance adds an element of predictability to field service operations that open the door to more automation—and more revenue. By enhancing your company's focus on planned maintenance and mapping out a strategy, you make room to automate everything from service and billing to scheduling and contract renewal. That ultimately results in more efficient employees and more time to reach more customers.
Now, COVID-19 has made planned maintenance more important than ever. As customer spending continues to shift with the circumstances and your clients adjust to a new normal, field service companies can lean on planned maintenance as the centerpiece in their profit-centered strategy.
Wondering how to use planned maintenance to set up a strategy in the COVID-influenced world? This is the key focus of our upcoming webinar, “The Importance of Planned Maintenance and How to Build a Strategy in a COVID Society.” In this interactive session, you’ll learn:
- How to use earned revenue tracking to create more consistent financial reporting
- How to set up different billing practices for contract customers versus noncontract customers
- How and why you should be differentiating between planned maintenance and emergency service
- How to lay out your planned maintenance item lists
- Tips and ways to use planned maintenance to lift customer retention, enhance planning, streamline tracking, and promote process automation
We hope you can join the Davisware experts this February and learn how to create and implement a planned maintenance strategy to thrive in a COVID-influenced world. This webinar is from 2-3 p.m. on Feb. 16, 2021.